Sunday, October 18, 2009

home.


I've been gone all weekend. I worked on friday from 5:45 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. I then drove home, showered and left for desolate Temecula, CA. to help one of my Chef's with a catering event in a camp site.

I got to the camp around 5:00 p.m. after hitting stop-and-go traffic on the 91 freeway (screw that freeway. I would rather spend the rest of my life driving north on the 5). When I got there I hit the ground running and began cooking the teriyaki chicken bowls that we would be selling. Sales were horrible and we finished cleaning up and winding down around 11:15 p.m.

Sleep was okay, but the thing about tent camping is that if the sun decides to wake up at 7:00 in the morning, it is waking your ass up too.

Breakfast was horrible and cooking teriyaki bowls started at noon.

Temecula doesn't like the cold, so I was sweating all day in front of a hot stove. 11:00 p.m. rolled around and I still had to drive an hour and a half to Glendora so that I could see my beautiful fiancé.

I was woken up again at 7 in the morning and I feel very sleep deprived. I drove home feeling dirty and gross from camping and drank the coffee that kept me alive last night. As I walked in my house I felt a feeling that I hadn't felt in a long time. I didn't care that the house smelled like stale beer, cat food, and sweaty man. I didn't care that 100 coffee mugs and water bottles lined the kitchen counter either. I felt like I was home.

I love my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment